Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance; Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
Epic Systems is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to take ownership of quality assurance testing for our suite of software products and be our liaison between the development team and the government Functional Test team. The position requires proficiency with a variety of testing techniques, a solid understanding of software development, superior communication skills, and direct experience in software testing under a SAFe Agile methodology.
• Responsible for testing-related activities in an Agile development environment
• Maintain and continue to expand current suite of regression and acceptance tests
• Serve as liaison between the development team and independent government Functional Test team.
• Create test scripts for comprehensive test coverage
• Conduct testing, clearly and precisely report findings, and support timely resolution of defects
• Work closely with the product owner, developers, and stakeholders to define and clarify requirements, including reviewing and providing input on Features/User Stories and associated Acceptance Criteria to ensure testability
• Champion ongoing improvement of QA processes and best practices that lead to better customer experiences.
• Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance; Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
• 10+ years of experience in Performance Engineering / Testing, and/or Tools Development teams for the Enterprise
• 6+ years of experience in testing large scale web-based distributed applications on containers such as Apache/Tomcat, JBoss, Web Logic, and Web Sphere in a Linux production environment running MySQL / PostgreSQL /Oracle
• Excellent communication and customer skills, problem solving, conflict management, time management and interpersonal skills required.
• Benchmark system performance, database performance analysis, capacity sizing and optimization.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
• Hands on experience on 2 of the below areas:
o Database (MySQL / Oracle / PostgreSQL) performance engineering (Tuning, Scaling, Deployment Architecture, Query Analysis)
o Java & Java script (JVM tuning, GC, heap and thread dump analysis)
o OS (Performance Monitoring, troubleshooting & configuration)
o System design & Architecture o Advanced JMeter (/other industry standard load testing tools) scripting
• Proven experience performing software testing in an Agile environment including developing test plans and test scripts, executing tests, defect reporting and resolution
• Strong documentation and technical writing experience.
• Background with test and server monitoring tools (e.g., App Dynamics, Jenkins, Splunk, New Relic)
• Familiarity with the ServiceNow platform, including development of customizations beyond out-of-box
• Experience with concurrency, multithreading, and the deployment of distributed system architectures
• Understanding of database schemas, table spaces, indexing, and performance optimization techniques
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
• Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) knowledge and experience
• Experience with collaboration tools including MS Teams, MS Outlook, MS SharePoint, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, and Atlassian Jira Align
• Experience with the CentOS/RedHat/Windows operating system in large-scale production environments
Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
Work Location: Dulles, VA after Covid restrictions are lifted.