Active Secret clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
Epic Systems is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment, including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. The Scrum Master will serve as the servant leader for the Agile scrum teams to ensure clear communication and removing impediments to help the team success in meeting its goals and objectives. The Sr Scrum Master is expected to have a thorough understanding of the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and will be able to use the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/XP/Kanban) to facilitate the Agile teams activities.
– Exhibit the behaviors of a Lean-Agile Leader with a Lean-Agile Mindset. Help the team embrace Lean-Agile Values, adopt and apply Lean-Agile Principles, and implement Lean- Agile practices.
– Reinforce the lightweight Agile Team rules including rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices from Extreme Programming (XP), Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed upon.
– Continuously challenge the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity. Help the team focus on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of current Program Increment (PI) Objectives.
– Help the team improve and take responsibility for their actions; facilitate the team retrospective. Teach problem-solving techniques and help the team become better problem-solvers for themselves.
– Facilitate (not lead) team meetings, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, and Iteration Retrospective.
– Help the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
– Eliminate impediments: Actively addresses blocking issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration.
– Help foster the culture of technical discipline and craftsmanship that is the hallmark of effective Agile teams. Provide guidance to assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done (DoD).
– Focus on ever improving team dynamics and performance. Help the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalate people problems to
management where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue; help individuals and teams through personnel changes.
– Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
– Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
– 10+ years of directly relevant experience
– 2+ years of Agile experience and recent hands-on experience as a successful Scrum Master
– Solid problem solving and influencing skills
– Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
– Experience working with various audiences, both technical and non-technical
– Experience working on software development teams and understand both SDLC and Agile Framework
– Experience working with Agile methodologies such as Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban
– Proficient in using JIRA.
– Experience working with Agile tools including Confluence
– Domain knowledge in Cyber Security
– Working knowledge in various technologies to include Cloud Computing, Big Data, DevSecOps, and Automation.
– Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related degree. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
– Agile certification such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified or Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST), or PMI’s Agile Certified Professional
– SAFe certified Scrum Master (SSM or SASM)
– DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I
Dulles, VA after Covid restrictions are lifted.