Candidate must possess DHS Suitability background investigation or be eligible to qualify for DHS Entry of Duty background investigation followed by DHS Public Trust Clearance.
The Data Analyst is responsible for developing, updating, and maintaining all reporting capabilities of the team. This includes developing, updating, and enhancing queries, processes and tools used in the extraction, transformation, and loading of the data used in reports and for the creation of the final report. The Data Analyst is expected to review and develop in-depth familiarity with the reporting databases and support creation of new queries and scripts for ad-hoc reporting purposes.
The Data Analyst is expected to learn the existing monitoring tools and collect data needed for reporting from these tools. The analyst will be responsible for automating the data collection processes. The analyst will also be responsible for presenting the data collected in a consistent and easy to present and read format.
The Data Analyst may support additional process and tool improvement activities, including but not limited to:
• Data modeling
• Developing modern business methods
• Identifying best practices
• Creating and assessing performance measurements
• Assessing new tools and technologies
• Participating in the implementation of new tools
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Build and execute queries against production and reporting databases to support various data analysis and reporting requirements
• Create Splunk queries and reports, and export results in a format best suited to integrate with existing reporting processes
• Gather reporting requirements, identify and collect necessary data, create and maintain reports, and provide detailed analysis of the results
• Develop and maintain predictive models for performance and workload analysis
• Help develop and maintain reporting processes and recommend process improvements based on client needs while ensuring consistency and quality across all reports and deliverables
• Maintain, develop, and implement policies and procedures that ensure the accuracy and integrity of data and reporting.
• Evaluate new technologies to ensure data analysis and visualization tools used are in line with the industry standard
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or higher and 10 years of experience
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate working knowledge with the following concepts and technologies, in order of importance:
• SQL (PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, Oracle)
• Splunk Reporting
• Statistical Modeling and Data Mining
• Database Architecture
• Python Development
• Amazon Web Services (Redshift, RDS, EC2, S3)
• Microsoft Excel (Statistical Analysis and Reporting)
• Candidate must possess DHS Suitability background investigation or be eligible to qualify for DHS Entry of Duty background investigation followed by DHS Public Trust Clearance.